While I don’t have much use for the typical Valentine’s Day, I do rather like having an excuse to eat decadent chocolate! I assume you feel the same way about chocolate as I do, regardless of whether or not you love Valentine’s Day, so enjoy my new favorite recipe!
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce
By February 11, 2015Published:
While I don't have much use for the typical Valentine's Day, I do rather like having an excuse to eat decadent chocolate! I assume …
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup and 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3 Eggs
- Wild Orange doTERRA Essential Oil
- Gather ingredients and preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar, and salt over medium heat. Stir continually until fully dissolved then set aside.
- Using a double broiler, melt all the chocolate. Once it is melted, transfer chocolate to a mixing bowl made of metal, glass, or ceramic.
- Cut butter into pieces and slowly combine into chocolate.
- Beat in sugar-water mixture and eggs.
- Add 3 (or more, if you want a stronger orange flavor) drops of Wild Orange doTERRA Essential Oil.
- Your cakes will be baked in a bath of boiling water, so prepare a large pan that will hold your smaller cake pan or ramekins. Boil water, then pour the batter into small cake pan or ramekins. Fill the larger cake pan with water around the smaller pans.
- Bake cakes for 45 minutes. When done, the center will still look wet - this is expected. Remove small dishes from the large pan and let cool in the refrigerator overnight.
- For the Raspberry Sauce, gather together the following ingredients: 2 1/2 Tsp. Cornstarch 3 Tbsp Sugar 1/3 Cup Water 12 oz. Raspberries
- In a small saucepan, combine ingredients and cook over medium heat. Mash up the berries and stir constantly until boiling. Once boiling, continue to stir for 1 minute.
- Strain the sauce over fine mesh to separate seeds.
- Pour sauce over cake and enjoy!
The Raspberry Sauce is also amazing over ice cream and yogurt! This recipe makes a large batch, so if you don’t choose to cut it go ahead and treat yourself to even more yummyness!
The cake is very dense and rich – it would be lovely with some whipped cream to go with the sauce. Also try some mint! Mmmmm!