My friend Joanna over at youtube.com gave me this fantastic recipe for bath bombs using essential oils and I am so excited to share it with you! These bath bombs have made my skin so soft and I really love how easy they are to do! With Mother’s Day coming up, why not whip up a batch and share some rest and relaxation with your Mama? *grin*
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup starch (corn, tapioca, or arrowroot)
- 1 tablespoon epsom salts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tsp water
- 10 drops of essential oils
- Small candy molds
- In a large glass, ceramic, or metal bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- With a fork, work in the coconut oil, leaving some chunks of the oil.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, combine water and essential oils . Add the mixture to the dry ingredients a little at a time – stir quickly as the mixture might start to foam a little.
- Once all ingredients are combined, press it firmly into each mold and allow to dry overnight. Store in an air-tight container, preferably made of glass.
Make sure you press it in the mold really good and tight, this will help the bath bombs stay together better and for longer amount of time.
Use whatever oils you prefer – I liked the calmer fragrances like lavender because I tend to take baths to relax, but if you want to toss one in your shower in the morning, go for something uplifting like wild orange. Or, if you’re struggling with a cold or allergies, try eucalyptus to open up your nose during a hot bath.
These bath bombs won’t hold their shape forever, so don’t make too many in one go unless you take a lot of baths. *grin*