Now that summer is winding down and fall is nearly upon us, I’ve gotten a little obsessed with this simple, hearty meal. Using tons of veggies right out of the garden with a little quiona and feta… this has to be one of the best things I’ve come up with so far! And the great thing is, you can use this alone for a lunch or light dinner or you can serve it alongside a nice steak or pork chop! It’s easy, versatile, and super healthy… what more could you want? *grin* I hope you love it as much as I do!
Tabbouleh Inspired Quinoa Salad Recipe
By September 14, 2016Published:
Now that summer is winding down and fall is nearly upon us, I've gotten a little obsessed with this simple, hearty meal. Using tons …
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Cup Edamame shelled
- 1 15oz Can Chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions sliced
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Mint chopped
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Gather Ingredients.
- Cook the quinoa (Rinse 1 cup quinoa in a fine mesh strainer, then put in pot with 2 cups water (or 2 cups broth if you prefer) and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes. When done, remove from heat at let stand 5 minutes.)
- Cook the edamame according to the packaging and cut the other veggies.
- When the quinoa is done, add the edamame, chickpeas, tomatoes, green onion, parsley, mint and feta to the pot. Toss to combine.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour into the bowl with the quinoa and toss until combined. Season with additional salt to taste if desired.
- Skill Level: Easy