I feel like it has been a really long time since we did a new recipe! Today, I picked one of my favorite recipes for comfort and coziness. This meal is super easy to make and is loaded with yummy veggies… and lots of dairy. You can use less cream cheese if you want, I just find that using 8 oz makes the dish a little more dense and it seems to hold together better. You can also use whatever noodles you want, I just prefer Quinoa noodles because quinoa is packed with protein, fiber, and iron.
The original recipe was found at: http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2012/02/spinach-artichoke-baked-pasta/ and modified.
Spinach and Artichoke Bake Recipe
By March 26, 2014Published:
I feel like it has been a really long time since we did a new recipe! Today, I picked one of my favorite recipes for comfort and …
- 1 Box Quinoa Pasta
- Onion and Garlic Powder To Taste
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Italian Cheese Blend
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 10 oz Frozen, Chopped Spinach
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts
- 3/4 Cup Mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Gather ingredients and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to the box.
- In a large bowl, mix sour cream, cream cheese, Italian cheese, lemon juice, onion and garlic powder. Add pasta and combine.
- Next, stir in spinach, artichokes, salt, pepper, and most of the Mozzarella
- Pour mixture into casserole dish and sprinkle the rest of mozzarella cheese on top
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown on top – about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Let sit for a couple of minutes after taking it out of the oven so it will set. This makes it easier to cut and serve.
If the cheese just won’t brown on top, switch over to the broiler for a minute – be careful not to let it go too long!
You can use real diced onion and garlic if you prefer it to the powder or salt… I just really hate chopping onions. *grin*